View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

1. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Complaining that you have it worse than other people isn't either. What with the dwelling on it if nothing else.
    Heliomance, you shouldn't dwell on it, because if that's all you focus on, then it'll eat at you. I don't know what it's like for you, but I know it's incredibly hard.

I'll put this into one of the harshest analogies I've ever made. If you don't think that you can deal with it, don't open it:

Spoiler
    Show
    The people of Belize live in the middle of a hurricane zone. They get hit by hurricanes literally every year of their lives. They lose their homes, members of their family, all of their possessions, and get to watch as the more fortunate people, with their fancy resorts and establishments make cheap repairs. They build shacks out of scraps of homes lost the previous year, and look at what everyone else has made. More shacks. Desperate people. Pain and loss, and they're forced to ignore it, because they have businesses to run, workplaces to go to, and other jobs to fulfill. It doesn't matter if they just lost a child, they have to go back to work like any other person. But they don't complain. Why they don't do that, I don't know. But I saw it with my own eyes, and it made me realize that my world is so insignificant to theirs, that I can't compare. I lost my iPod one Summer. I met a girl who lost her dog. A puppy that her family gave to her. Stolen away by the waters of the ocean she lived on.

My point is, you're dwelling on the negatives, and refusing our help. You're refusing your therapist's help, you're refusing what you made your post here for: Help. If you ignore it, and choose to say "I have problems, but you're not helping", then we can't help you. It's frustrating to see, and text can't convey it.

I'm really, truly sorry, but I had to put it into perspective. If you keep lamenting, then I don't think that you'll get what you want.
    Last edited by Triscuitable; 2012-03-25 at 12:54 AM.
    Steam username is Triscuitable.
    I got VAC banned in COD: Ghosts for using an FOV changer.
    I try not to think of how sad that is.