View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

1. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP - Part 22: The Best There Is

Okay, I understand the situation better (therefore my question WAS kinda stupid). However...

Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
    The problem is that the prisoners would have been forcefully inseminated (by technological mumbo jumbo from the medical station, I'm not including direct rape in this).
    Hope you're aware this is rape.
    Just not traditional rape.

And I also second Coidzor.
    I can see a misogynist FtM, they certainly exist (after all, my father was Jewish and antisemitic!). I don't really see how one would be allowed with such a job in a progressive society. And I have a really hard time understanding how we could have that weird blend of rampant misogyny and acceptance of trans* people. Plus all the rest.

EDIT: last thing, but maybe it's just me:
    Honestly, I don't like "repopulation plots" very much. It's almost always considered as the only option. No, you could also decide that it's not worth building a whole society from scratch, and that living your life 'till the end, having children only if you want it, is enough.
    When you decide that repopulating a place is the best solution, unless the whole population somehow agrees on all the specifics, you are going to run into grave issues of sexism, respect of one's body, and others. And I don't like reading these kinds of stories, because I find there's enough of it in real life.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2012-03-25 at 06:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode