Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
I've not really given their powersource any thought and just assumed they ran on magic or the next best thing; a miniature nuclear fusion core of some sorts.
That works too (I mean, where'd you get gasoline in space? ).

Yes that's the gist of it. Some of the highest ranking officers are also taught how to make some minor changes to the robots programming (which over time adds up as generation after generation tampers with it) and that's how the gift robot ends up loyal to the woman.
Oh, their code would be unrecognizable after a couple of decades. By the "present", they'd be so modified they'd probably be teetering on the brink of robot madness.

Not to say they'd rebel or anything (unless, of course, they would ), just that they'd have so many conflicting and ill-conceived directives that they'd seem to hesitate or contradict themselves every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by supernerd View Post
I think I know what you mean. I was just in one of my hour bouts of depression, and this one could have gone for weeks, but only went for about thirty minutes because I was able to talk with the guy I like about it (unfortunately over text(mostly cause he's got no phone and uses his iPod), so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for a hug. But he told me he wanted to help but he rally can't that all he could do was brush me off and get me ready to get back in the ring. Oddly, that was the most comforting thing I could think that someone could say. Mainly because the only other thing than one of his attempts at comforting would be for him to hold me.

I don't know why I let myself be so vulnerable to him. Maybe it's because I trust him more than anyone really. I'm more open with him than anyone else. And he's told me things that he's nigh whispered things to me while noone was in sight lest anyone else hear him say them. And the biggest reason I don't want to go against his wishes is so he doesn't get hurt or feel betrayed. He's already felt too much pain already, and the last thing I want to do is hurt him any more. The thing is he cares about me, so much, and he doesn't want me to heal his pain because the last one to try broke, but I can't let him suffer. walnut want him to be happy and full. But he said that if I try to fix him I will be betraying him. I can't imagine what he's forcing himself to do alk alone.

He needs me... And I want him. He wants me too, I know he does and he's acknowledged this and still does, but he's more concerned with protecting me and my "innocence."
*Arm-crushing hugs* for both of you. I don't know if I'd be any help, but if you ever want to talk my PM box is open.

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
No, I have monthly phases of sexual orientation, it seems. I'm pretty much constant in my gender identity, which I feel is nicely summed by a simple phrase: "Meh."

I like dresses and skirts more than pants, but I like short hair and having all my original parts, and a lot of the more feminine things I like aren't worth the social capital required to follow up on them except on special occasions. Which is okay, because I generally feel I can take or leave any gendered role.

Though I'm quite open about loving shoujo shows, my little pony, and few other "girly" forms of entertainment. Of course, I'm equally open about loving pure testosteroneGurren Lagann and action movies.
Would the description "weregay" be appropriate?

Now excuse me while I go "squee" in the corner and prepare to watch MLP and Gurren Lagann (as I have been meaning to for some time).