Quote Originally Posted by Qaera View Post
"Your father was weregay!"

~
I hear you can tell if someone's weregay by looking for the hickey they got from the one that infected them.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbreath View Post
Well, the dismissal of things like that being just a phase CAN be true & I may be wrong, but (e.g.

a> people who take on fetishes and get rid of them 2 years in when it no longer excites them.

b> one-off if it's you it's ok cases, but they're not attracted to anyone else in that gender spectrum.

c> fake transexuals who honestly mistake themselves for one because they have sexual fantasies centered around having sex as the opposite gender.

d> Or in the not-really case: people who find out that they're better off in their original bodies due to the inadequacy of modern technology to reshape things to their standards.

etc

It's just that when people start to identify as xx or yy, they've probably mulled it over for so long that it's extremely unlikely to the infinity.
I wouldn't say it's okay to dismiss them right off in any case - they may actually be trans* and unable to explain their feelings (they could also be genderqueer and misinterpreting their feelings as being more sexual than they are).

As for people who 'just' have fantasies, I wouldn't say they 'qualify' as transsexual but I wouldn't challenge them either. Not only could the above be the case, but it's a bit hypocritical to support people for their sexuality and condemn others for elements of theirs. :/

I also definitely wouldn't dismiss someone for not being satisfied with the procedures. That... Wouldn't make very much sense (and it wouldn't be 'cool').