Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
Spoiler
Show
Ugh. Does anyone else get waves of insecurity and paranoia about what other people think of them?
Yes. I frequently wonder whether anyone ever actually likes me or has ever liked me. Then I freak out for a bit. Then I calm down. Then I realize I was being silly and/or having a panic attack or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Nihila View Post
Spoiler
Show
In the past, I've discovered some people being rather two-faced to me, especially about my being transgendered. Several people who were my friends basically pretended to be supportive and pleasant to my face, but said some very hurtful things when I wasn't there, or when they thought I wasn't listening. I don't know, I've never been particularly secure, but since transitioning I've been especially sensitive, and I always have this voice in my head telling me that every compliment I get is disingenuous, and a nagging doubt that anyone actually likes me.
It's a rough boat to be in, but eventually you just have to accept that you either take people at their word and with a grain of salt or hermit it up.

And hermiting gets boring for most.