Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
My thread's gone through these patches; 10-15 updates in a row with no comments. Not much you can do about it. People tend to delurk when you A) Put out a call for requests B) Do something super ambitious C) Do something funny D) Ask for specific advice.
Nod, nod.

I tend to not comment on areas I don't know anything about, which is a lot. Thread's also not bumped in case of edits (I actually came in here to reprimand you for not updating before I saw the edits)
Update like the desert wind, passing over the dunes without stirring a grain of sand.

I think a more civilized system is in order. From now on, if there are no comments, every second update is edited into the previous one, so the thread will be bumped up every other day at least.

Sitting girl: Neck. Left leg.
Standing guy: Feet, hips, way too flat and straight.
That girl is easily the s***iest boy I've drawn here yet. Good call on the leg especially though, that was stupid.

Both feet can't be that way unless he's bunny hopping down the street. TINY HANDS.
Walk Cycles, How do they even work.

There's a lot of good colouring and shading here, but I'm dubious about
A) Coloured lines for edges. I'm not even convinced it works for ponies.
B) Faces. You really need to try some new expressions that aren't kinda blank stares.
First, Thanks! the better part of the shading was a panicy last minute add on and I was glad to see it work out so well.

A) Do you think that this one, or more specifically their faces, are worse than my other digital pictures? Personally I'm conflicted, because it's closer to the intended mark, but that's just because I set the bar lower.

B) Faces? Expressions? My Comfort zone is somewhere on a different continent and probably ravaged by Mongol hordes. Yes, I will give this the attention it deserves, sooner rather than later, although odds are you might not see the initial results.

Are there any resources or tutorials on the subject that you found useful? I can probably start with that tutorial made by the artist of Lackadaisy, I think he knows what he was talking about.

Lower your standards! You're here to learn, not to win our respect. Respect is a by-product of successful learning; don't worry about embarrassment.
*Cringe* Do I have too? Seriously though, yeah, this is hard and stupid for me, I'll try to keep it in mind.

Just a little scrawl today, and no head because the prices on those are getting prohibitive and I have a headache now. I need to go to sleep.

Spoiler
Show

I realised what the acronym for the Totes Legit Generic Box is. Kind of cool, but entirely unintentional.

Every picture from now on will be of Tuareg caravans. If you want a to know what the future holds, just imagine a blue man-burqa over every face. Forever.