1. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Age II, Part 2: The Qun is pretty deep, you wouldn't understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    There was some outcry about the Gears of War-ification" of Mass Effect 2, but it was a very well received game - most fan rankings I've seen rate it the highest of the three. More to the point however, you can't have it both ways - either there wasn't a lot of fan rage about ME2, or Bioware didn't pay attention, because ME3 has even more "Gears" feel and even fewer hubs to work from and kept the thermal clips system, the three major complaints I've heard from ME2.

And note I was talking about capital, here. They have a rep, and one game with a slightly bad (and yet still infinitely better than ME3) ending wasn't going to kill it. Two are going to hurt it, especially if they continue to dismiss fans for simply not "getting it". Another one will hurt it more, and a fourth will cost them even more, until they have none of the rep that made their products no-brainer pre-orders.
    True, one is bad, two is troubling, three would be a trend. No doubt, the Bioware brand has taken a tarnish in the eyes of some of its die hard fans.

Bioware did listen to fan feedback. The most hated feature, mineral mining, disappeared. Weapon mods were re-introduced, as well as more choice given in talent allocation. More romance options, for both genders were added.

There is a limit to fan feedback though, if it undermines the overall design. Bioware is wedded to the dialogue wheel and voiced protagonists, for instance, so Dragon Age will never go back to those. I wonder if the isometric view is the same way.

P.S. I was never certain for how many people hated ME2 actually, but I did see quite a few comments about how "Christina Norman ruined ME2". Nothing like the hubbub over ME3's ending or DA2 though, to be fair.
    Last edited by Joran; 2012-03-27 at 03:24 PM.