1. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Age II, Part 2: The Qun is pretty deep, you wouldn't understand it.

While Bioware certainly has made a number of poor decisions/executions with recent games, it's well worth to remember that Bioware is also massively overhyped by it's fans.

I mean, when I followed the development of DA2 on the BSN (back when the atmosphere was still tolerable) I noticed -a lot- of people who were extremely critical of what they saw and still reasoned "It's a bioware game, so I'll probably like it". Despite every hint of the contrary, they still were convinced they'd love the game. They didn't.

With each passing game I'm more and more getting the impression that people demand absolute perfection from Bioware. That the company have to compete not so much with it's competitors but the rose-tinted view of it's own former products.

So I wonder if people getting burned by their games isn't actually good for the company right now. That it will actually lower people's expectations and actually let them work in peace and not have to worry about satisfying everyone...

That's not saying that people being upset about what they did does not have legitimate concerns though. In many cases they do.
    Last edited by Aux-Ash; 2012-03-27 at 04:14 PM.