"Hollows... yes, that is the local term of heartless wraiths left behind of those poor spirits who can't let of their earthly regrets before it's too late", Angerona says and nods. "But usually, they hide way their faces in shame with masks. To become like me, a Hollow has to tear off its mask. To tear off... Arrancar, in spanish. That's what these sorts of creatures are usually called. Though don't go blaming me on such a brainless loanword..."

"But a word of warning: while these kind of Hollows often look and feel more human, as opposed to bestial forms of lesser Hollows... inside, they're often just as twisted, or even worse. You see... they say the prime advantage of an unmasked Hollow over a masked one is rational thought. But while urges driving a masked Hollow are often primal and irrational, they are easily understood. Just like you intuitively know to flinch from an angry beast, you know to run from them."

"But unmasked Hollows... Hollows aren't quite sane to begin with, and when you add so-called rationality to that, you get such increasingly twisted and alien logics you'll always be left guessing just what they will do, and why."

"I hope this has been enlightening to you."