View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

1. - Top - End - #1129
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    That's some nice technique for light reflection in the eyes. The grain of the hair does not bother me, to my surprise, but the shaded hair behind the right ear does. That's probably because the grain is either not present or too difficult to detect.
    True, tried colouring too close to the photograph.

It's a good image. The tie knot does not look symmetrical, but that's probably the correct way to draw it. Many people have trouble making a proper tie knot.
    TIES. Been practising 'em.

There's a definite light side and dark side with this image. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not, but it doesn't look the most natural. There are shadows on the skin and don't strike me as weird, but the high detail of the hair does not spill into the rest of the image like we would probably assume it should.
    Hmm, point.

Thank you again for using the links. I'm glad that you're making notes about what you learned.
    Entirely welcome.

Day 318: For The Father

Cyprus, the Golden Gloved Archon. Jayden's evil religious zealot opposite.

They've got a nice duality. Jayden's extremely faithful but isn't quite clear on what God is; she just trusts in a higher power. Cyprus knows for a fact that the higher powers are Exarchs and they're horrifying monsters, so she actively hates them even as she serves them. Jayden's defined a lot by her faith; taking that and destroying it is really the root of Cyprus becoming a villain.

This was good. Yes. Quite happy with this. Want to progress my linework using these basic settings and explore this style.

Linksies

Time: 1 hour
    Music: Game of Thrones Rock
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-31 at 04:33 AM.