View Single Post

Thread: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

1. - Top - End - #1131
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Thanqol Learns To Draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
    Nice! Nice-nice-nice-nice-nice.
    Hurray!

...balanced detail between the clothes and the skin. The audience can tell that the clothes are stiff leather. The sword is well detailed, though I can't think of an immediate historical match.
    Honestly, if all I learned today was that swords aren't shaped like triangles, that'd have been enough.

There's a...black splotch between the hilt of the sword and the character's left hand. I assume that this is either obscuration of something important, or a perspective error from the view of the artist. Those four lines for the lower palm should have been enough. Maybe that black splotch was supposed to be a crease in the glove following the palm's natural contours?
    Yeah, my bad; the four lines weren't looking sufficient to do it but I shouldn't have included one and only one area for shading

Nice short hair-spray from the brow. Good facial expression. The hair line above the brow resembles a female.
    That's good because the character is female (deliberately boyish in design, though).

And that lantern-bell-thing with ribbon-tassels is really neat! I like the detail with it.
    That's the Paternoster symbol, from Seers of the Throne. Essentially the deal of the Paternoster is that you're not worthy of worshipping god so they fill all religions with lies and hierarchies and essentially get you to worship the pope hat in place of any real divinity.

All the Seer Ministries are like that; terrible, terrible people who weaponise the worst of humanity to keep people down. Pointless ritual. Meaningless war. Useless acquisition of wealth. Taking things that should be good and true and removing the higher meaning from them so they're just pointless wastes of time.

Also, I have a question: "Is the fact that the character's left glove being so different from the right glove an intentional embellishment?"
    An unfortunate case of drawing an undressed sketch layer and forgetting to update everything when I went to inking, so no. I still reserve the right to claim emergent victory.

EDIT: By the way, thanks for these daily comments you're doing, I really appreciate them. Can I offer you a drawrequest?
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-03-31 at 06:34 AM.