Quote Originally Posted by Volt View Post
Most the time, you'll be playing them in their champion state, ie Essence 1-5, under 100 years old, humanoid form.
A minor note, Essence 2-5; unless you're playing with Scroll of Heroes' Merits and Flaws system, you start with Essence 2, and there's precious few ways to get it lower.

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
...because unlike Solars/Abyssals/Terrestrials/Dragon-Blooded...
Terrestrials are Dragon-Blooded.

I've never actually been clear on where Lunars are borked, actually, and I thought 2.5 fixed that.
It fixed a number of things, but there's still more than a few glaring holes or otherwise-exploitable stuff...

In any case, I think they did really, really well at combat, but their Mental charms were kinda lame, especially Crafting charms.
That's part of the problem; the other problem is that while there's a very solid physical build that can be had, the most one could say of a mental or social character is that the characters in question would have a handful of useful tricks with little or no synergy to them, rather than a proper suite, and that would be the exact extent of it.

Also, the bit about "Solar Charms do (X) and only (X), while Lunar Charms get to be weaker, but more applicable," is a lie. It's surprising how many such Lunar Charms have a horribly narrow focus.

The biggest problem with Lunars, though, is the fluff.