Quote Originally Posted by Story Time View Post
Very pony-rific!
Ponytacular!

Very moody piece, too. The limbs are long, but mostly look like they belong. The background is very abstract, but that's understandable. The lines for the character look neat and Thanqol's assessment of the proportions appears just as much accurate as it was encouraging.

What a terrific horn! Very good.
That horn was totally not frantically added at the last second after the picture's recipient pointed out it's lack. Lessons learned from swords applied excellently to horns!

But...( and I have to add this in or it won't be complete ) the eye. The eye looks like it comes from Spider-man's mask. What I mean is, there is no dynamic there. It appears like a flat space rather than a curved orb space like it should. Usually a pupil and iris make up for this by simulating what should appear in the eye space, but in this case there is no such detail. My assumption is that Thanqol was going for a Glowing-Eye-Look, but because there does not appear to be a glow effect, the eye surface looks flat and white rather than filtering mystical light through its surface.
Hm, I understand the concern but I feel inclined to defend the choice. This stems from pure subjectivity in that I think blank white eyes are the creepiest things of all time. I'll ponder this regardless, though.

On the aft side of the pony's face is...a lightened area. And...it puzzles me. It gives to me the impression that there is some kind of light source inside of the pony's hair and that the stream is being pointed at the left jaw and cheek of the pony's face. I can see how this lit area should match the left hind leg, but I believe it's too much. That hair should create shadow, yes?
Still getting the hang of shading and shadows, thanks for pointing this out.

The Cutie Mark is very good. There are nice, tight, lines there.
SPIDERS ARE WEIRD

Thanqol did nicely with this. Many of the good places are in the subtle places where the colors of the character are very close to the colors of the background image. Most of the...brightness of the pony appears as if it belongs with the background.
Thanqol did! Thanqol treasures being able to draw pictures like this on a whim for Thanqol's friends. Thanqol can justify this entire drawing project on those grounds alone.