Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
So I've been challenged to make a deck. No restricted or banned list, no holds barred, use up to four of whatever I want, plus basic lands.

All it has to do is have a reasonable chance of doing one thing: Beat a Yugioh deck. Those things with 8000 life where the weakest creature is effectively a 100/100 hasted trampler.

Surprisingly, this was far easier than expected, though of course, it inevitably hinges on getting very good draws and winning or locking them down turn 1. Well, that, or alternatively, a wizard deck can do well if it gets past the first few turns (or if you put a Black Lotus out turn 1, I suppose).
Seems pretty simple, just play one of the combo decks that goes infinite, whether that's infinite mana for an infinite mana banefire, or just splinter twin. With black lotus, timetwister, and the rest of the power 9, and leyline of anticipation, you've got a fairly high chance of doing so turn 0. Then just tutor for whatever pieces of the combo you're missing, and kill them.

Alternatively, you could also just cast Ghostly Prison, which prevents him from ever attacking since he can't make mana, and he can't destroy it since I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an enchantment in Yugioh.