Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
Bah, i am not really sure, if i needed a 2 drop i would rather take a black cat, i am not really a fan of highborn ghoul.
Well, I can understand resentment towards playing any kind of creature which does not offer an special ability, but think of it that way:

• Black cat does not significantly further your game plan (killing them with damage)
  • At two mana, Mana Leak is available
  • Zombies want to be on the play, so the two-drop slot is probably the last one not likely to be countered (if on the play)
  • With a Grave Crawler and a Highborne Ghoul in play, most matchups will be already looking for a sweeper, while a Grave Crawler alone is no significant threat

You are propperbly right here, i should propperbly take less, the problem is that i really want to get one but more than that isn't needed.
Exactly...the first one is very important, but more are generally useless...so do you really want to risk to draw more than one?

Should i drop them or just go sideboard on them?
I personally would leave one Doom Blade in, just in case, but a Liliana in the Sideboard might really help (one of the most commonly played artifact creatures is Wurmcoil Enginge, which is used by UB (or any kind of variation thereof) control, against which Liliana is already great.

Maybe, i don't know, i really like the card, and i was planning on using it more like a later game play where it could easily be 5/5 or more, also combined with the captains or reapers it can't die of combat dammage.

Sure, the creature can be very big, but it dies to removal very fast. Also the lack of trample makes it pretty bad versus Timely Reinforcement or Lingering Souls...in general Evasion and/or Trample trumps a slightly bigger creature (also, after the first match the enemy will probably be boarding in some graveyard hate to stop the all-powerfull Messenger/Grave Crawler, so it will be even smaller...).

I think they are awesome, i would propperbly get phantasmal image as it is only 2 mana, but also do you really think i should copy my own zombies what about my opponent's Wurmcoil engine/ titan?

I guess i could switch out 2 mortarpods for some images, i think i will just play the differnt decks on cockatrice and find out.
Yeah, you can do that too, if the enemy offers better creatures :)
In general, the phantasmal images can be very strong. They also offer one of the few reliable outs to Thrun, so I would recommend adding a full playset.

Also what do you think about the sideboard?
Essentially your sideboard is removal and some pieces of graveyard hate...
I'd add a Liliana or two instead of the Doom Blades, and probably move at least one of the Main Board Doom Blades to Sideboard.

Also, you seem to be very removal heavy...while clearing the way for your zombies is nice, remember that more threats are always good.

Useful additions might include Ghost Quarters for those pesky Townships/Wolf Runs/etc, Ratchet Bombs against some Planeswalkers and especially tokens (due to Lingering Souls, one might even be advisable in the main board) and Mana Leak and/or Distress to catch the enemy by surprise.

Ghoulcaller's Chant is also a card that, while offering some potential, can also be a trap. While you can return two zombies to your hand, there are much more benefical things you can do with your three drop. Generally you want a high threat-density, but if you spend a whole turn getting creatures out of your graveyard, this is not the case. (For example, on turn three you can have a Grave Crawler and one additional Zombie in the Graveyard, if you play a two drop. If you play a Messenger instead of Chant, you can return the Grave Crawler anyways and still played a threat which will deal some damage in almost any case).

Sure the benefits in the late game might be greater, but Zombies are a relatively fast deck and profit from a quick games, so I personally would avoid those slow cards.

I hope that helps, and good luck with your deck!