Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
Full on control, or Aggro/Control? MBC doesn't really work right now given that Duress and Inquisition of Kozilek are out of the format, and you really want some good targeted discard to make up for the lack of counterspells in a control shell.
Full On control. I don't really have cards to make it an aggro deck.
What I would recommend are running a bunch of sweepers (Black Sun's Zenith, possibly Life's Finale)
I've got a few Black sun's Zeniths. Don't have any life's finales, but I have 4 Massacre Wurms which are about as good as it's going to get.
and some good threats (Wurmcoil Engine, Phyrexian Obliterator) while using what little decent targeted discard there is in the format (Distress, maybe Despise)
I think I can get a few distress, and have 2 despises.
and some good targeted removal (Tragic Slip, Doom Blade, Go for the Throat, maybe Victim of Night)
I have Domm blades and go for the throats. my FNM is very Vampire/Zombie/Werewolf heavy so Victim of Night is not an option. I'll see if I can get any Tragic Slips soon enough.
and sacrifice effects (Geth's Verdict, Liliana of the Veil) with some variations depending on how controlling you want the deck. You might run Bloodgift Demon or Bloodline Keeper as additional threats, or go for a Zombie package with Gravecrawler, Geralf's Messenger, and Cemetary Reaper for value for a more aggressive deck.
I've got a few Geth's verdicts in the deck too. Can't afford the Messengers or Gravecrawlers, and my Cemetery Reapers are tied up in the deck I'll be using tomorrow.