Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
Question for the community: What is the highest level of judge here? I'm currently L1, but I am actually rather inspired to go for L2 this summer. I think being an L2 would be awesome, especially because of my, um, low stature. But also because knowing the rules and regs is something that interests me.
I'm an L2, with no intention of going higher. It's pretty awesome indeed. :P

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
Work at events under L3s, learn the IPG. I think you have to 1) judge events under an L3 and 2) take a L2 Judge Exam administered by a properly leveled Judge (dunno what level can give the L2 exam, I think it's L3 or higher but I might be wrong) to actually reach L2. But mostly it's just getting experience, learning the rules better, learning penalties and tournament operations better.
Yeah, it's L3 or higher. Judges can certify other judges to a level below their own. Judging under an L3 isn't really necessary, but HJing an event or two definitely is. And mentoring and certifying new judges is a pretty big chunk of what an L2's supposed to be doing, so you should know a thing or two about that too.