Okay, so I've had the urge for a while now to revamp the Limit Warriors, as first put forth by Animana, I believe on the old Wizards forums, but he/she may have posted them elsewhere beforehand, and expanded upon here at GitP by Morph Bark. The basic concept is very nice, and I really like the somewhat "game-y" function of a limit break gauge that can grant characters powerful new abilities and attack forms. However, I think the mechanics can use an update, a slight power upgrade in some places, and cleaning up/streamlining in several places.

I'd like to take my own stab at the idea. I want a system for the "limit" points that has its own basic rules and governing characteristics, and then I want a few classes, maybe several even, that utilize those mechanics and build upon them and draw from them in unique ways. A central core that unifies each class, with many different ways to use the rules of that core. There should be plenty of options that go with each class and that can be used by members of non-associated classes, as well as lots of feats.

Before I get to work, I'd like to know what people liked about the system most, other than that it allowed you to play Cloud Strife or Yuna with Guns. I'd also like to know, from anyone that's actually played one of the classes, if there was anything you didn't like or felt could work more smoothly with some tweaking. Finally, I'd like to know what people want to get out of a "Limit Break" system.