View Single Post

Thread: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: D&D Snippets II: The Snippetting

Quote Originally Posted by lordhenry4000 View Post
    Good goal! Plus, now that I know that, I get to be extra nitpicky about critiquing your stuff, because now I'm "helping"!
    Oh. Well, NOW I've done it.

I'm not sure what you're doing here. Is this sarcastic or genuine? (I suspect the former, but it's not very clear)
    Sarcasm. It's a sign that the devils own it.

Just a couple typos in here (I'm assuming "house", since breaking open a horse sounds... messy).
    Another joke based on the car. (A Ford Mustang.)

Oh, Dwarves. The end of this made me Though, it kind of comes off like the party's abandoning Logrim, with the whole "well, we can't help him so I guess it's bedtime" thing. Something to clarify that they're presumably keeping watch over his hole and floating status would make this a bit clearer.
    Perhaps so. Still, it had been a long day and they did have a watch like most sane adventurers.

Is there supposed to be more to this paragraph?
    Nope. Kalach is having problems.

... This suggests to me that Kalach is continuing to wear Elle's clothes, and I cannot stop laughing.
    He woke up with them on. Afterward, he got back into his armor.

Also, damn that's some good beer. (though this line: "the...substance...also serves as fuel." confused me--do you mean literally fuel, like for cars, or just that it burns well, or that it also provides sustainance?)
    That 'beer' is a black substance with gel-like viscosity. This version of Dakmar drives a truck, and that's the fuel he uses. Yeah, drinking the stuff imposes a Fort save in the low 50s.

This seems a little unneeded. It feels assumed that you're keeping on the move, so unless you give more detail about where you're going next, this line doesn't give the reader anything new to work with.
    Fair enough.

I like the teasers in this chapter (Kaldrig's blessedness, Kalach's cursedness (though I think that's been mentioned before, it's nice to have these reminders that there's something going on there), Kalach's certainty that they'll be going back to Hell at some point... very nice.

Overall I enjoyed these chapters; only a couple typos/clarifications that were a little jarring. Otherwise, great work as usual!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Winds; 2012-04-10 at 01:04 PM.
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Askaretha's Ascension as Vaishirth