View Single Post

Thread: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

1. - Top - End - #394
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Hermitage- Azurelle's Room

Inside the box are two spears. One is six feet long and glows with a slight red light. It has a worn oakwood haft and a shiny silver-plated steel leaf-shaped blade. The other is about half a foot shorter and made of a single piece of black chitin with a barbed head.

The door doesn't resist Waterstrider knocking it in. Beyond is a small chamber with two manacles bolted to the wall; one has a smaller manacle locked into it enabling a total of three different limbs be restrained. The floor has a thin layer of straw covering it, and there's a bucket in one corner. It is currently inhabited by two young human women, neither of them wearing anything beyond the manacles about their wrists. They might have bruises, but no cuts or anything of that nature- Azurelle heals those with her special potions.

Hermitage- Opposite The Gate

"Fliersz usze path too. Top hatch locked till beesz wake up. No trapsz. Trap door szpidersz sztop thosze not uszingk the path. Want me szhow you one?" The ettercap doesn't wait for an answer, turning around and chittering like Mr. Squiggles. A disc of earth raises itself up as a ten-foot-wide spider climbs out of its hole and chitters back.

What the ettercap doesn't know, and therefore can't inform people about, is that the large gates are heavily warded. There's a smaller gate set into the larger which is locked, barred, and which doesn't affect the spell on the larger gate, but it's night time, which means a ward has been placed on it as well. The walls are similarly defended.

Underside Temple

"You didn't see out of the caravan, did you? These tunnels go on for miles. Some do reach the surface, but the only route I knew outside this Temple was blocked last year by a cave in, although I never used it myself. A svirfneblin told me it was a rough journey of about eighteen days, featuring a narrow rock bridge over a magma pool and a leaky aquifer." The Temple is located about ten to fifteen miles below ground. Also, Sylvia might note use of the phrase 'outside this Temple'.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2012-04-11 at 04:51 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!