"I don't know much about the Emerald Claw's formation or ultimate goals", Grimmgang answered Xaxhan. "But I do know this: they seek power, and are ruthless in their ways of getting it. If you have something they want, they use threats, but even if you give in they try to kill you anyway; they don't like loose ends. They are fanatics, neither granting mercy nor expecting it in return. They call themselves knights, though they have nothing in common with the heroes in your childhood stories. Oh, and they use undead. A lot. That reminds me, any of you only have bladed weapons, get yourselves a mace or hammer just in case they throw skeletons at us."

He listened to Shard, then nodded. "This sounds like we're chasing ghosts. The final chamber was undisturbed, chances are if the Eye was ever there it disappeared along with the temple's creators, when and however that happened.
But that doesn't explain how the other group got those strange marks... Assuming it is the altar that did it, how close would you need to get?

Anyway, even if we do acquire the Dragon's Eye somehow, what are we supposed to do with it? Pay off the Claw with it so they leave us alone? I'm loathe to do that, so if we hold the Eye it only paints a bigger target on our backs.

No, a fight with the Claw is inevitable, and I say we face them on our terms. They're watching us in the streets, I can feel it... If we send out Shard as bait, I should be able to notice his tails. Then it's just a matter of following them and raiding their base at night. Find out what they know about the Eye, and with out pursuers out of the picture we get a nice headstart before they reorganize."