Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
Fair enough, although it doesn't alter my concerns that Cerberus could have a stationary main base parked around a star for more than a month without the Alliance figuring out where they are. They're even doing major research, shipping loads of troops and even the half-built Reaper from ME2 there. Isn't someone paying attention to the traffic going through those Mass Effect gates?
You're assuming a) that data from the mass relays is accessible to the puny organics in Citadel Traffic Control, b) that TIM wouldn't change stars evey few weeks (even differently-sized stars would look the same if Cronus Station is parked close (or far) enough for them to become similar), and c) that Cronus Station uses the mass relays in the first place. None of these need necessarily be true.

Really, Cerberus in general shatters my suspension of disbelief in the later games. In ME1 they were more of a rogue terrorist group new on the scene, having to hide from the Alliance and Spectres. Then in ME2 you learn they're run by a James Bond villain with access to infinite resources and the best tech in the galaxy. I could still buy it in that game because it was a space opera through and through and I thought it would be tied up in the sequel, but in ME3 they almost overshadow the Reapers. TIM's effectively the final boss.
Don't forget, throwing money and tech and convenience at you was just to get you to rationalize working with Cerberus. That way, he could easily get you to overestimate how many resources he has on hand. The fact that he refers to employees as "resources" confuses this issue. However...

It's like Cerberus is a Mary Sue organisation. Shepard's got the backing of every military in the galaxy and the Shadow Broker on the friggin' Normandy, but nope, Cerberus is still better than you.
Edit: Also can't forget about the biotic ultimate ninja assassin guy. What was up with him?
This. Indoctrination can only go so far. It can turn soldiers into mooks, it cannot turn scientists into soldiers. And Kai Leng got far too much screentime than he's worth.