View Single Post

Thread: Tooth and Tentacle [base class PEACH]

1. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tooth and Tentacle [3.5 base class PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire014 View Post
    a few more questions:
    If I had a ranged spike on a tentacle, could I attack an enemy at range, then hit something else with the tentacle? Or since they are technically together, do I have to attack one or the other? What is this attack limit mentioned in the Throwing/Quickshot Spikes section? I thought natural attacks could only be used once per round each, regardless of BAB.
    You could use them separately, though in this case, the spike would be gone and the tentacle would not get the extra damage from it (unless you re-grew the spike in between). The attack limit is the ones that stops ozodrins from simply taking improved multiattack and then having full-round attacks that take a half-hour to finish. It's under Features (ex) in its own little paragraph
    Also, while many features grant natural attacks, an ozodrin cannot make more attacks with its natural attacks granted by features per round than half the sum of its class level + its Charisma modifier.
    So if you had more attack-granting features than that, you could only attack with so many of them per turn. The sentence your talking about is saying that re-growing a spike counts against this limit.As a result, firing a spike twice uses up 3 attacks in a full-round attack (one to fire, one to regrow spike, one to fire again).
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2012-04-15 at 08:39 AM.