It can be hard to pitch good-aligned drow both because some DMs are married to established fluff (there is a thread that the quote in my siggy links to with nearly fifty pages of arguing about that) and because a lot of folks want to go beyond 'unusual and exceptional' (a normal Player Character) and into 'I am the most special ever'. That being said, I do think there's a lot of potential for a good-aligned drow character, especially when his or her ideals find themselves tested by constant exposure to the worst sides of the sapient races - bigotry, prejudice, fear, mob violence and sometimes even torture.

I think the last good-aligned drow I played was the victim of a magical accident when she was an infant; she was teleported out of the Underdark and into a moon elf village (Forgotten Realms game). They raised her as one of their own after much debate, but she faced a lot of discrimination and prejudice even then. When she finally learned the truth of her heritage, she set out to find an Underdark entrance with little more than basic traveling gear and a tattoo on the back of her wrist that marked her as an elf-friend, innocently convinced that her real parents must be worried sick about her.

Fun campaign, all in all.