Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
I've been reading this thread about this page and even though it's about GKC I feel it would be more appropriate to ask here; does anyone else detect contempt for hetero-romance? In context it seems to be mainly about the fact that the closest thing to a homosexual relationship is in the "weird" characters, and resentment over feelings that the author is teasing romantic feelings between the two female leads. Am I missing something or what?
...Wow, what? I think in honesty a Kat/Annie ending would just be really, really wrong. Not to mention stupid as hell - GKC is fundametally a comic about cool stuff that happens, not schoolgirl lesbians. It's been made clear by the characters and the author that it'll never happen, and this person still throws a hissy-fit?

Much of my indignation is from the fact that they're defaming one of the best webcomics on the internet. There's no ship-teasing at all, that I've noticed - yes, they're close friends of the ages of about 13-14, (I think, my memory of the English year-system in schools is a bit off) and to be honest some of the "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE LOVE BETWEEN THEM IN THIS SCENE " is platonic, and also pretty accurate.

Gamma and Zimmy are the only portrayed gay characters that we know of, yes - but the relationship between them is shown as nothing but positive, and a stabilising force on poor Zimmy. Hell, if you wanted to you could see the whole "awful no-face hellscape Birmingham" situation as an allegory for homophobia and rejection by society for what she fundamentally is, with Gamma being able to defend Zimmy and make the world all okay again.

tl;dr PEOPLE ARE WRONG ON THE INTERNET

ALSO : NEWS
This thread makes me think of eastenders, I've just got the image of ricky and bianca shouting one anothers names, incessantly.

And I've totally got a boyfriend, he's mine and I can kiss him whenever I like. This is novel.