View Single Post

Thread: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

1. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr - The Tearing of the Wave

Zarien tries to back out but finds the wall behind him and curse himself under his breath for the folly of getting cornered. Seeing one of the guards are in some kind of enchantment, being versed in such arts, he indulges a new plan now that his head is free of the anger he felt earlier. He defensively casts a harmless cantrip, a spell made to fill someone's mind with doubt and hesitation, at the hostile guard attacking him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zarien casts Daze on G6 defensively, Will DC 14. If he fails he can't take hostile actions on his round.
    Roll for defensive casting, Concentration DC 10.
    (1d20+9)[15]
    "You, guard, please protect me!" The wizard's voice is pitched and desperate sounding with a barely suppressed snarl of anger. He is under the control of evil people falsely accusing to be servants of Mystra. If you help me now I can set everything right. Please! There is no time, I can't hold him back much longer!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh... Another attempt at diplomacy/bluff/intimidate, whatever boss-achinca finds appropriate. Trying to coerce the enthralled guard to hold G6 at bay, whatever that means.
    (1d20-2)[2]

aaaaand I think Zarien's halitosis didn't help his case. Nor did the fact that his pitched voice sounds undignified and rough on the edges.
    _____
    Since I'm a wizard and I prepare spells, I will post them like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    0 - Daze, Ghost Sound, Prestigitation(2);
    1st - Charm Person, Color Spray, Animate Rope, Shield;
    2nd - Web, Glitterdust, Protection From Arrows
    Last edited by Baveboi; 2012-04-16 at 10:20 AM.