1. - Top - End - #981
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Any Nocturne tips? I jungled him for my first game and got... 3/4/4, I think... Not entirely sure, and away from home at the moment.
    Wolves-blue start, as normal for junglers. I start Boots-3 every time and I get away fine, even if I am invaded or my jungle is stolen, but go cloth-5 if you're unsure. Gank at 4 as always. Best look to Zach's jungle guide for runes, but I'm pretty sure it's AD/Arpen Reds, Armour yellows, AS Blues (or Mr/lvl) and Arpen/AD Quints. I'm assuming QWQEQ levelling, max order then being R>Q>E>W.

During ganks, you want to either hold back your Q until you can readily preduct where they are going to go (therefore giving you a free hit) or until the lane can assist you with some CC, also giving you a free hit and therefore speed boost. It is recommended, especially when ganking mid, to immediately W as you go in lane to prevent CC and/or damage, and then immediately E'ing them to force a flash or to put on more CC. If you have red, not counterganked or not on low health, this should turn into an easy kill, and often will result in a kill anyway. Ulting into a lane is recommended when there is already a fight in that lane, and is handy for counterganks, or when you have communicated to your team that you will gank. Do not ult in without notifying your teammates, as more often than not they will not expect it and therefore may end up abandoning you to a 2vs1.

Get Wriggle's quickly, as well as getting wards and stuff. If you find that your top bruiser/AD carry is getting fed, and that you need a tankier jungler progress into HoG and Merc Treads and more wards. Otherwise, go Phage->merc treads. It is then advised to get a negatron cloak or a wit's end if income is high enough, and then progress into a mallet+impaler. Build a pure defensive item as necessary, and then top it off with Bloodthirster/Infinity/Phantom Dancers. I believe it is also popular to go brutalizer->youmou's after Wriggle's and boots2, but I personally think that this leaves you too squishy to carry out your role in teamfights. However, it is probably doable if a giant's belt is bought in favour of a phage and then youmou's is purchased, but I haven't tried this so no guarantees on how quickly you get blown up.

Alternatively, you can play noc top like me. Advantages of this is that you can get more farm in order to build wit's and phage by the teamfight phage at the very least. Whilst you are ALWAYS pushing up to their tower, you will also be reliably farming every single minion in every wave by level 7 or so, and winning trades with the majority of tops (exceptions include renekton, riven, garen possibly and ryze). He also has a movespeed buff, spellshield and fear to make sure he really can't be ganked (with proper warding, hardly anyone can force him to even flash). It also allows you to have a jungler who isn't so affected by invasions, is more reliable in ganks and generally doesn't need as much farm to function to their role (Lee sin and Mundo say hi)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by shadowwalker64; 2012-04-16 at 01:10 PM.
    Credit to Dogmantra for the transparent background bracket!

I like typing text walls. Deal with it :P