Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
I run Attack Speed reds, Armor yellow, MR/level blue, AD quints. Start Vamp Scepter, WQW, add E when you want to gank. (This is a fairly farm-centric start; Wolves-Blue-Wraiths-Wolves-Red-minigolems or Wraiths to 4, look for a gank opportunity. Boots start with earlier E if you want to do a faster gank, but Nocturne really benefits from having all his skills so I don't recommend a level 2 gank. It's doable if you want to do Wraiths-> Red -> gank, tho.) Skilling order past then feels like preference to me, as all of Nocturne's skills are pretty useful; I often level the shield, but that honestly probably should not be a priority. I just like attack speed.
Level 3 gank is probably possible, but I think that apart from shaco, that's just plain inefficient in terms of clearing. I prefer pots start to prevent counter-jungling/unexpected encounters from costing too much in my jungle. While I don't really have a qualm with you getting two levels in shield, I still recommend strongly taking q first, as it gives you the most damage boost, especially if you're running AS reds, where the AS will greatly compliment the AD boost.