1. - Top - End - #986
    Banned

Default Re: League of Legends XXXII: Cupcakes and Kittens and Squirrels. Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Even Human View Post
    Play two ranked games, lose one, lose 40 elo. Win another, gain 26 elo.

-As you play more games, the Elo changes will be reduced.
    -You may have encountered an unbalanced matchup in one or both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzickas View Post
    I now have an ELO for the first time ever. Only problem is I have absolutly no idea what it actually means. So, 1359, good? bad? ugly?

I assume that my elo won't settle down at the correct value for some time since I gained 38 from my 10th game alone, how long does it usually take until you settle at the correct elo?
    1359 is a quite solid start for 10 games in. It'll take at least 100 games to have much certainty about your appropriate Elo, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PEACH View Post
    I've always found where people consider "good" to be interesting, since it massively depends on who you are comparing it to. The fact that a lot of times, pre 1400 (e.g. 90% of the playerbase) isn't considered "good", and sometimes even pre 1600 (about the top 2-3%) isn't considered good, is really interesting to me. While I can understand the "I'm already playing with people who are stupid sometimes, so the people below my Elo have to be really bad concept," at some point it seems like you have to say "yeah, 90% of the people actually playing ranked games probably aren't all mediocre or worse."
    I have absolutely no problem saying that 90% of Ranked players are mediocre. Sturgeon's Law.

That said, I believe there's a very high concentration of Ranked players who've only played a few games at most, and those players are skewing the distribution WAY towards the center.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    so I bought Kog'Maw on a whim and I found that he's quite fun provided I'm on blue team

if I am on purple team he is the world's most stressful champion to play

So I am going to ask something now:
    would it be feasible and/or easy to implement an option similar to the minimap flipper (for those unfamiliar, it's for people who come from other RTSs/AoSs where the minimap is on the right, it swaps items and the minimap) which puts your abilities, items and map at the top, with the score and time at the bottom?
    Not having the coding to answer, I'll point out that eliminating HUD walls and shrinking the HUD size should eliminate MOST problems. There IS an option to flip the minimap to the left side IIRC, but that probably doesn't help your situation. You probably know and have implemented both of these, but just in case...
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2012-04-16 at 02:05 PM.