[Dave and Clarissa's New House]

Unholy mother of the son of the second cousin of the nephew of the friend of the aunt of the grandmother of the creator of the unhallowed spork! That thing is disgusting! And ugh! It... Euch! There are zero total ways that the English language can express in full how absolutely and nauseatingly sickening that varmint is! Clarissa attempts to move over to the reanimated rat remains and gently scoop up in her cupped hands, doing her best to peacefully coax it in. The expression on her face would suggest that she feels sorry for the creature rather than horrified by it. Oh gods. Clarissa is one of those monsters who would take in strays from any genus there is out there!

"Aww! You poor dear!"

Clarissa attempts to lightly pet the withered, broken husk of an unkept rat.

"You must have been alone without friends for a very, very long time. I know precisely what that feels like."

"You are a sentry of something around here. That's what all this password nonsense is about."

With no small amount of mental compulsion, Clarissa enunciates her next phrase so that the rat will be able to perceive and interpret it with ease.

"Your master is dead. He decreed that I would replace him. Tell me what you know."

This may not work out in Clarissa's favor, seeing as she just locked herself in a most potentially hazardous predicament. The mental compulsion isn't tuned to resonate all that much with nonsapient parties either. Suffice to say, Dave probably won't be able to end the thing until Clarissa has squeezed as much info as she can out of it and figures out a way to do it properly so as to speed its soul up to rodent heaven to be reunited with the rest of its family!

Isn't it funny that Clarissa treats some animals better than she does most humans?