Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
I'm going to see Opeth, Mastodon, and Ghost this week, but I have no idea who the latter is. Are there any fans of them here that can point me to a good album of theirs? I generally don't like walking into big shows like this blind.
It's presumably the Swedish Ghost, in which case their only album is Opus Eponymous. They're a heavy metal band with a King Diamond-esque theatrical aspect (the singer dresses like some kind of undead bishop). I love their cover of "Here Comes the Sun", personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post
Fixed that for you.

I hate this cover. Honestly, this is that kind of feeling I get when I listen to a cover. Hell no, the original was way better.

Is their drummer and rhythm guitarist better? Yes. Is the tuning wrong? Yes. Is the bassist not Cliff Burton? Yes.

This song was played live 20 years after Burton died, because it was played at his funeral. The way I see it, this band has every right to play this song, but to think it's better is an insult to those who have passed away.

Also, they missed a lot of notes.
Saying that liking a cover of "Orion" more than the original is disrespectful of the dead is pushing it a bit, kid.