Quote Originally Posted by eyeofsaulot View Post
Interesting. I'd have thought SS would be the favorite for any big Dream Theater fan. But then again, I guess you don't exactly fit the bill of a usual DT fan who would likely think of that 'bite' you speak of as being a rather non-essential element of metal. Anywho, for me, NotB provides a solid rockin' time, but SS is the journey.

And for the record, Powerslave is second on my list, though if I were allowed to include Bruce Dickinson solo albums, second place would be The Chemical Wedding. I can't say all this definitively, since I haven't listened to their entire discography (or even everything from Bruce for that matter). I've been meaning to check out the Blayze Bayley albums. From what songs I've heard from them, that era of Iron Maiden might just be underrated. Kind of like Tony Martin-era Black Sabbath.
The usual DT fan would probably brand me a heretic for having a slight preference for Train of Thought over Scenes from a Memory.

I should give Chemical Wedding another shot. When last I heard it, it came off as a weaker version of A Matter of Life and Death, and I ended up gravitating toward Accident of Birth which has more of a classic Maiden vibe, and hence was more what I was looking for at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
I actually showed that song to some real life friends of mine just the other day. None of them are really metalheads, but I think it's safe to say that a bunch of them are now Powerwolf fans.