Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
Artemis goes red from the energy in the Gym, and sweats a bit. Not out of nervousness; it felt like being in a sauna with the amount of energy from the Gym. The last time she felt this much energy was the day she left home and her dad had to stop her mother from flinging her out the door. Bad memories. She decides based on the others that maybe it was only some of the cities that had more strict laws on Pokémon following around, and lets Aquilla back out, who decides to perch herself on Artemis's shoulder. She takes a deep breath and decides to talk to the trainers while her body acclimated to the energy. "Um...ah, hi. I am Artemis. I saw your," she rechecks the Pokédex, "Espeon, and it just caught my attention. How long has it been with you?" STUPID! How can you not even talk to two girls around your age!? No amount of energy can make you that nervous! Now she's sweating from nervousness and the energy. Her eyes briefly glance at the guy. He does look good. At the very least reassuring. She tries to force a smile and tries to get a sense of what he's thinking.

Aquilla lightly pecks her clearly nervous trainer on the side of the head, then chirps, which helps a bit. Aquilla grins as best a Rufflet can.
The grils turns towards you without a smile. A brief presence flashes over your mind, and suddenly she smiles. One of us, aren't you? you hear in your mind.
"Jewel has been with me ever since I was a little girl," she says, talking normally. "He's been there for me always. I'm Jessica by the way," she says extending her hand, her amiableness more than making up for your awkwardness. "This is Taylor," she says, gesturing towards her friend.
"That's a pretty bird," Taylor says, extending her hand towards Aquilla. "I have one like it. If you want to step inside we could have a quick battle," she says.

The man's thoughts... Well, to say they were in the gutter would be an understatement. Maybe the gutter of a sewer exclusively for Mamoswine would be more accurate. Even that might not be enough.