Comment Responses (thanks so much!) :
Spoiler
Show
Quote Originally Posted by SleepyShadow View Post
My first reaction to this was "Sex on the riverbank?"
Good; I'm glad that came across

Did this occur ooc as well?
Heh. I'm making up a lot of the more personal stuff; the session this is all based on happened several years ago in real-time, and notes are few and far-between. That moment is actually based on a different pair of my friends who aren't in this campaign. In the real-life version, the comment did not go unnoticed

That just sounds painful. What happens next?
To find that out, you will have to wait an indeterminate amount of time! The next chapter is mostly dialogue, so either I'll have an easy time of it and get it up really soon, or I'll prove incapable of writing conversation and it'll take forever. Which will it be? Who knows!

@SleepyShadow
Spoiler
Show
"We're just full of one-liners tonight."
Who is this?

"Well I'd hope so," Clarice laughed, clapping him affectionately on the shoulder.
Really? This came as a surprise to me. Sure, he was part of the rescue party, but I wouldn't expect her to be "affectionate" toward him in any way. Especially since, from the descriptions we've seen, he's just a grody, lecherous priest.

"Not until we figure out what we didn't hear."
And again, I am reminded who is playing these characters

"Time to run!" Fluffy shrieked as he bolted down the road. "No spells!"

"It's Brindol City all over again!" Shane grumbled irritably as the heavily armored priest struggled to keep up with the cat.

"Shut up! You're out of spells, too!"

"I am very sorry Clarice!" Ed shouted over his shoulder as he too fled the battle.

"You're fleeing again?" Clarice hollered angrily. "Is this normal for you people?!"
It's not really clear that they're leaving her behind here. When she is "left to the wolves" a couple lines later, I was surprised, since they're all still talking with each other and so on. If they're leaving her behind, it would be good to make that a little clearer.

"I hate you, Fluffy," he snapped. "I hate you so very much right now."
I love that Clarice has basically survived the predicaments the PCs have put her in thus far due to their total incompetence. They can't even leave people for dead effectively!

Fun snippet, though it doesn't flow quite as well as the last one, in my opinion. I did love the "dramatic" reveal of the Sunsword PCs charging around, questing after items they know nothing about (and then promptly forgetting them) is so classic, and fits this group really well. Also, Fluffy mocking Clarice for her name/being the damsel in distress is wonderful. Glad I was at home when I read this rather than at work, or I would have gotten some looks