Quote Originally Posted by Veridis Quo View Post
I'm not entirely convinced that Amon is able to remove someone's ability.
I pretty much said the same thing a few posts back, adding to it the fact that chakra manipulation/chi blocking is available to the non-bender and does not constitute bending in and off itself.
the chakra located where Amon (and Aang) touch their opponent, interestingly, according to Guru Pathik, is blocked by illusion..so there might be more than just theory in this idea.

other observations by other people:
yes, it's a kid's show, but I do believe word of god is that they have targeted this one towards the kids that followed the original series.. that have now grown up and are able to follow a more convoluted plot.

I do believe there's going to be a strong connection to the Gaang in Amon's identity.. either that or it will turn out to be someone really important in the development of the current season...a new character relevant enough to make his identity a major plot issue.
I don't think it will turn out to be someone's child..that is, a character we don't get to see until he takes his mask of and only know the existence of because he's been talked about by other characters. to make an example, unless Bumi (song of Aang) shows up in Republic City and takes and active role in his "non masked persona", I don't think it's going to turn out to be him.. same goes for any other character that isn't actively onscreen without a mask. which is sad because I kinda liked the idea of it being Azula's child.

taking Amon's words at..face value.. do we know of anyone other than Zuko whose face has been burned?? I don't remember anything alike happening onscreen, so I do believe he's lying on that score..and most likely on the rest.