Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
That Shep dies doesn't bother me. Hell, from the not so subtle hints that the teams were saying leading up to the release of the game I knew that my Shepard would probably wind up dead (This will be the definitive end to the Shepard story, indeed).

I'm actually 100% fine that Shepard died. I would also be 100% fine if there was more direct chaos leading up to the conclusion of the Reaper threat actually. I would have been ok watching the Normandy be shot down in a desperate distraction maneuver, or seeing Wrex (or Wreav) obliterated as the krogan swarm downs a Reaper. Hell one of the best moments of the game was listening to Mordin sing for the last time. Seeing that the Reaper invasion is a terrible and deadly thing is actually totally fine for me. I know some people would be disappointed, but this was the Reaper invasion for goodness sake.

But the actual handling of the ending comes out of nowhere, makes no sense, and instead of being a reasonable downer ending that at least makes you feel as though something was accomplished, just left me confused and puzzled at what the hell just happened.
I agree 100% with this.