View Single Post

Thread: "Common Sense" approach to rules (RACSD)

1. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: "Common Sense" approach to rules (RACSD)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    A key point of the definition of "unconscious" is "not aware of your surroundings". For the lesser states to mention, there's is "dazed" or "stunned", both defined in game terms.
    Sorry if this is too nitpicky, but I can't find where the "unconscious" condition states "not aware of your surroundings". I think it's both RAMs and RAI, but it's not defined as such by RAW. I don't think a general dictionary definition necessarily applies as many defined game terms are quite different from a standard dictionary definition. I state this just point out the weirdness of RAW at times.

Edit: I haven't made decisions on most of the points yet so I'm refraining from the agree/disagree element. I'm still trying to digest the comments about the rules I thought I was familiar with. The willing/unwilling debate has me seriously thinking and furiously referencing the PHB/SRD.
    Last edited by nyjastul69; 2012-04-23 at 10:57 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Benjamin Franklin

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Evelyn Beatrice Hall