Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
Hmm, okay, this stuff is interesting to hear but I'm kinda not seeing how to actually apply it. Posting the pictures in xyber huge resolution would be a help. I get that it's instinctive to a degree and that you were working on a higher level of character design, but it's the technicallities I'm really interested in right now. The stuff about the fluid lines is what I'd like to hear more on.

Right now, character design is something I get on the conceptual level but really lack on the technical level? Thanks for the help, by the by

Day 342: Don't Ever Show Me

Began to apply the swirly-ish line concepts in tonight's P&P sketch. Didn't get a whole bunch done but I feel like there's actually something to this. I'll see where it takes me and, in particular, how well I can apply it to digital art.

Links

Time: 30 mins~ sketching
Music: The Flim Flam Brothers Song (drunk idiot cover. Not really safe for... work?)
flow. Assuming I didn't quote the wrong thing...
The continual hideous hatching which because a beautifully framed nest of space is for flow. Rather than struggle against nature and conform to hard, sharp lines, you remove the division. You do what feels nice, and a picture emerges comprised entirely of organic curves. You'll notice the examples all have an art noveau feel, where the figure, graceful, is surrounded by psychic ivy that enriches the depth.

Lawdy I hope that makes sense. I'm like ten minutes from Neptune...
Er, nap time. Swear that was naoto me.

I give up XD.