Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
This is unrelated, but I have a quick story- I've started training my voice to be able to be less baritone and more feminine. Normally, I do this while I'm in the car driving to and from work, since it's about forty minutes each way. Today, my father was home when I got back, and as I got out of the car, he asked me how my day went. I forgot to switch voices when I told him it was fine. Thankfully, I thought quickly, and just cleared my throat and acted like my voice had just cracked.
*Hugs* That was quick thinking~

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
It seems the 12 armed hug shuts down all parts of the brain except the parts relating to hugs...rendering the huggee in a coma like hug state.

Who wants one next :D
I do. >.< *crosses her arms all tantrum-y*

Quote Originally Posted by KenderWizard View Post
It's so true! Tea is hospitality. But that doesn't mean we don't have time to also drink a lot of alcohol.
You should combine tea and alcohol, it'll save you time.

I agree with this.

To compare to feminism (sorry!): we don't actually want you to accept women are equal because we're "just like men". You should accept women are equal because women are equal! Whether they conform to the often masculine-coded things our culture values (being stoic, working long hours outside the home, boy-colours, being technologically adept) or lean towards the feminine-coded things our culture often doesn't value (showing emotion, doing work as a carer, pink, being skilled at fabric crafts). And while we're at it, how about we start valuing feminine-coded things, and stop gender-coding things that don't actually need to be coded.
Exactly. Highlighting differences is not the way to get people to be more accepting of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
Because there were people here who wanted a transplanted uterus (hello Lix ):

So I was contacted by a young trans woman who believed I knew something about the uterus transplantation project. She had contacted prof. Brännström and he was too busy for a long conversation but said that it was a clinical possibility to do a uterus transplant to a trans woman (if the proper donors could be found, etc.) She'd have to rely on donated oocytes, however. But he also said that it was an advantage to have semen stored since we may one day be able to turn sperm cells into oocytes. Personally I wouldn't hold my breath on that last part, but he knows more about the field than I do.

~Bianca