1. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

I guess quite a bit of that was sort of what I was noticing without really knowing what it was. I'm just not very good at writing this sort of stuff so I'm not really sure how to change it either.

As for the SCA... its one of those things that a lot of people don't get. I sort of figured it was worth mentioning but its not something that can quickly and easily be described in any way that would work. So I figure if they know what it is then they already know what it is and its all fine, and if they don't know what it is they'll have something to ask about and I'll have the chance to explain it in a way that doesn't come across as crazy.

As for the kids part, I wasn't sure what to do with that. I figure it is important to at least say something because I'm 31 and about 80% of my target audience seems to already have kids and someone that is good with them is always a top priority. Obviously its something I can show if we meet, but I don't think there is any way to show in the description.

As for my OKC profile, I haven't updated it in a while so I've still got an old description up there (which also didn't seem to work for me) and some different pictures so its not going to be a whole lot of help.

As for the introvert part... how is it that being an introvert is a negative? Its a decent portion of the population after all, I also think it says a lot about who I am. As for bars... I really do hate them and ever time I go to one I hate them even more, and frankly if going to a bar is important to the woman then its probably not going to work out anyway. As for crowds there is a big difference between going to places with other people and crowds, although I guess if it doesn't seem that way to most people then I should probably change it.

As for the geeky/nerdy part... I wasn't really sure how to put that. Obviously I'm here, so really I'm pretty geeky in a lot of ways... but generally it seems to be the sort of thing you have to slowly introduce to people. It was again the sort of thing where I thought if they knew what I was talking about its all fine and if they don't know what I'm talking about its something that can be worked into slowly later. Because if I went too much in that direction right in the profile I probably won't get very far because its not a common sub-culture around where I live.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2012-04-26 at 10:28 PM.