Quote Originally Posted by Eshkigal View Post
"Y...you shouldn't stick around me. No one really should right now. If Sparky wasn't here, I might've killed you without thinking. Don't know how to function proper-aw, MUK! What the muk am I doing?"
He smacks himself in the head hard.
"I'm a muking mess! Hell, I don't know how to be social! Don't know how to keep myself in check! I rely on Sparky for that, and I should never have offered the whole apprentice bit!"
He gets up and scoops the broken pokeball up, putting it in his toolbox and picking it up before holding his arm low for the kid.
"Still got enough control to grab on? I'll pay for the bill, and a room for you for the night, but that'll probably drain me completely dry money wise. My advice, check in with the center and mart for odd jobs, or anywhere else you can think of, honestly. And check in at the Center occasionally-If I get a pokemon with pickup, it'll be yours."
The kid doesn't speak, but takes your arm, the two of you struggling together to reach the Center. Soon you do, and after ^250, the kid is cured of paralysis and has a room for the night. The nurses look at you suspiciously, but say nothing. The kid departs to his room without a word.