Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadeadbeard View Post
You mentioned before that you thought the...I wanna say Dekon folks should resemble some Asian culture? I could be wrong. If that's the case, is there a set culture in your mind for Alabas? From the name I would say it looks like Scotland (once called Alba), and that makes me laugh to see a whole continent ruled by Scottish Wizards. The accents, man. The accents!

[scottish]

An' if'n ye cohm ehne closah, e'll burrrrrn ye ol wid meh Fierrrrrrbole! Aht'll boile ye boones!

[/scottish]
The people of what is now Obsidia had an asian-esque culture. ( It's actually good that you got it wrong, at least in terms of corralling spoilers) As for the Alabasan culture, there's not really much there in my mind: I just have what lead to the four mages leaving in the first place (decadence and complacency top the list, especially in terms of magical advancement) and that through a combination of overconfidence and stupidity, the ruling court eventually caused the destruction of most of the magic on Alabas. That's it. No names, no culture-basis, no nothing. Actually that's not quite true. I did have a concept in mind for Alabas as a stand-alone, before I decided to merge it and Almantha into the world as a whole.

Concept: Caravans following Will-o-wisps across a blasted plain in search of a golden, paradisaical city.

As for the accents: No. I love it, but it deserves a spot in a more parodic world than this.