View Single Post

Thread: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

1. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAitP Part 23: Et tu, ~Bianca?

Yeah, Triscuitable, I understand how the possibility of lying about their identity/orientation to make themselves look more interesting can be annoying, but as several others said, you don't know just how many are sincere.
    It is also worrying that you complain so much about it when it doesn't negatively affect you directly (beside those specific issues I remember you talking about, which were, I'll sincerely admit, quite unfortunate).
    If your estimation is completely correct, then I agree what these students are doing is not too good; consciously pretending to be someone you're not without being willing to deal with the consequences is bad, lying to others for high school popularity is bad, "reappropriating" identities that frequently get people in trouble is also bad. Problem is, nobody can tell if you're correct, or if you're overestimating the situation (and just how much you're overestimating, if that's the case). We can't police the identity and orientation of all the offenders just to reassure you. The best you can do is stop paying so much attention to it. Of course, I understand that's personally distressing, but what I mean is that you can't change it, it does not actively harm anyone, very few people feel offended, and more importantly, this is high school, a place that emphasizes all the worst traits in teenagers (and god knows how many they have, again, I've been there, and I was terrible in my own way); so I don't believe it is worth trying to fight that tendency, you could instead try to work on yourself.
    I wish that situation was the worst thing I had to deal with at school.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2012-04-28 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode