Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcrow View Post
Some semi private stuff behind the cut
Spoiler
Show

It sounds like it is.

First, my advice is to sit her down and explain how you feel. Don't put it in terms of you did, you said, but I feel this.

Secondly, as someone who has to take percocet, lyrica and tramadol hcl because of chronic pain I can tell you, being in chronic pain makes it really hard to control your temper. It makes small frustrations seem like mountains. I am not excusing the behavior but I am not there to watch your relationship with this person 24/7 so I do not know the true dynamic. What I can see is you are upset with this treatment and something needs to change. Your friend sounds like she needs counseling for her pain management issues.
Spoiler
Show
I don't know, I wouldn't ascribe it to the chronic pain. As I've mentioned before on the forums, I have a broken back, and I take all 3 of those very same meds you listed, and 4 others(Trazadone and Amirex for sleep, Skelaxin, and one other whose name my mind is blanking on, PLUS a portable TENS unit and a back-brace, also Pensaid? which is a rub on liquid, plus celebrex for the arthritis that has developed in my back) and my temperament is just fine. I'd personally say that their friend has some serious issues that might be best addressed by a psychologist, and that perhaps RabbitHoleLost should suggest a small break from each other while her friend gets her emotions in order, because it honestly sounds like a serious form of depression, or, more likely, Bi-polarism, since it sounds as though her friend often has good Upsides, but then also some awful downswings as well.