Quote Originally Posted by Sturmcrow View Post
Some semi private stuff behind the cut
Spoiler
Show

It sounds like it is.

First, my advice is to sit her down and explain how you feel. Don't put it in terms of you did, you said, but I feel this.

Secondly, as someone who has to take percocet, lyrica and tramadol hcl because of chronic pain I can tell you, being in chronic pain makes it really hard to control your temper. It makes small frustrations seem like mountains. I am not excusing the behavior but I am not there to watch your relationship with this person 24/7 so I do not know the true dynamic. What I can see is you are upset with this treatment and something needs to change. Your friend sounds like she needs counseling for her pain management issues.
Spoiler
Show
Good advice about framing the conversation around "I feel this" rather than "you did"!

As for the pain thing... In this case, short temper and pettiness are only some on a long list of red flags. An emotionally healthy individual in pain wouldn't set off that many alarms.
Still, the pain management counseling might be an idea. I'll take your word for it

Quote Originally Posted by Sholos View Post
So I had a second hang-out-y type thing with a girl tonight. 4 hours or so. A third thing is planned for next week sometime. I don't know at this point if it's friendship or more, but yay either way! ^_^
Yay! Go you!