Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
Yeah, it's late. Good night. Hover drops her tools in a box to kicks it to the side. She flutters away to her room but leaves with a message. "Don't call me Miss. I don't like titles."
Sandy gave a brief salute to the departing pilot. "As you wish, Hover. Pleasant dreams." Sandy sat in his chair, putting the finishing touches on the breaker for Hover and occasionally peeking out the window. Soon, however, the approaching night ruined his view of the town. No way he'd see them approaching at this hour. The engineer wheeled himself over to the main viewscreen and called up the radar. And the security system. Best to make sure everything was locked down tight. And while he was at it, he might as well run a basic systems diagnostic. Seeing how he had the time and all. Once those were done, he thought to double-check the security. Sometimes the system got confused and shut things off after the diagnostic check. And while he was thinking about it, maybe the fuel lines hadn't been scanned recently...

[A few hours later]

Sandy had run out of systems to check, the away team hadn't returned, and he still didn't feel the slightest bit tired. He tried counting the rivets in the ceiling tiles, but he didn't even get into the high hundreds before his thoughts turned back to Silverpine. Trying to think of some sort of explanation for the Captain's long silence that didn't involve...well, it didn't bear much thinking about. He wheeled himself to the window, and gazed up at the moon, shining in the night sky. Luna...I don't know if you can hear me, or if you'd even care about a luckless midget of a unicorn, but if you're gettin' this, could you please watch over my buddy Silverpine? Luna's moon shone on, oblivious to his prayers. With nothing else to busy himself with, Sandy would spend the rest of the night doing odd chores; magically tidying up (especially Rainbow's quarters), running additional scans, and keeping that bottle of root beer on Silverpine's desk nice and cold.

/endponyday