1. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Relationship Woes and Advice 22: In Which Two Problems Prevent Each Others' Solut

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know, I wouldn't ascribe it to the chronic pain. As I've mentioned before on the forums, I have a broken back, and I take all 3 of those very same meds you listed, and 4 others(Trazadone and Amirex for sleep, Skelaxin, and one other whose name my mind is blanking on, PLUS a portable TENS unit and a back-brace, also Pensaid? which is a rub on liquid, plus celebrex for the arthritis that has developed in my back) and my temperament is just fine. I'd personally say that their friend has some serious issues that might be best addressed by a psychologist, and that perhaps RabbitHoleLost should suggest a small break from each other while her friend gets her emotions in order, because it honestly sounds like a serious form of depression, or, more likely, Bi-polarism, since it sounds as though her friend often has good Upsides, but then also some awful downswings as well.
    Hmmm
    Spoiler
    Show

I know how much chronic pain has affected my relationships. I have seen how chronic pain has affected my mom. I don't think it is the root cause but I think it can exacerbate any issues.
    I pretty much exactly agree that RHL's friend needs counseling/therapy and they should get space.

Also, good to know if I come on hear and complain about injury/medication etc and how it has ravaged my past relationship and affected my life that there is someone who can sympathize. I also take prilosec because I developed GERD after all the meds and steroids. I take other meds too.

Edit - and it seems space has been achieved, good for you Rabbit!
    Last edited by Sturmcrow; 2012-04-29 at 04:38 PM.