Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
If the game ever gets to that point, it means the Vanguard has done so well he's effectively won the fight for the team. In which case he fully deserves that praise.
I take no stance on vanguards and the scoreboard, but I do want to point out a problem with this statement. Let's say you're playing silver with a relatively good vanguard. A common scenario that I've experienced is for the first 7 or so waves the vanguard has been careening around and basically winning the entire map single-handedly, with a massive score to reflect that. Around wave 8, or perhaps 9 or 10, the vanguard bites off more than he can chew, the rest of the team can't save him, and they later get overwhelmed and lose the mission. This problem can be particularly acute because the play style of the vanguard can weaken the rest of team's coherence as everyone simply starts hunting around the map for anything to shoot and then when the waves get hard suddenly everyone is separated and things go south in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
From memory, you shoot through thicker objects with the mod than without; you just do less damage. Natural piercing weapons do full damage.

Zevox: none of your points address the perceived issue.

Score is irrelevant.
Play styles which aim for score neglect team work.
The scoreboard discourages teamwork.

Doing all the work isn't team work. It's the opposite of teamwork.
See above example. I concern myself with situations where teamwork is required and simply note that very few random teams are capable of adjusting their playstyle starting wave 7 if they've been playing the first 6 waves differently. If it really is a bronze match with a level 20 vanguard just jumping around the map, then you can do that all 11 waves and it really doesn't matter.