1. - Top - End - #967
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery VIII (spoilers ahoy!)

Of the base classes, he is not:
    • Barbarian
    • Bard
    • Cleric
    • Druid
    • Paladin
    • Sorcerer
    • Wizard

That's already 7/11 we can completely exclude.
    He does not show any signs associated with monks - and how Rich shows half-monks we have seen in Miko; furthermore, Tarquin does not show the usual traits we tie into monks (yes, he has discipline). I'm convinced enough there's no monk in him, so I am at 8/11 (you might still be 7/11).
    He seems to very versatile at fighting, so at least a large part of his build are classes with high BAB, that leaves Ranger and Fighter as the "base" build.

Given he has not shown any nature-traits but claimed he is skilled in "many obscure fighting techniques" this does not really point towards "Ranger" in big letters.
    Therefore, I find it safe enough to conclude his base-build is Fighter. If there might be rogue (he's actually dodgy and quick enough for that, it'd also explain where he got skillpoints he lacks as fighter) or whatever-strange-prcs are mixed in is actually impossible to decide at this point.
    We cannot decide a lot, but I also think we are very far from "unable" to make any estimates on his class.

As a working hypothesis, I find it assumable he "stays in the family" and consider him to be some "Bard without the arcane"-build, consisting of Fighter/Rouge/Some Schemer-Friendly PrC.

Also, as he just outclasses the Order, we should assume his level is "significantly above the Order's", so that'd put him near 20 (I'm not yet saying he has to be epic; I just say he surely is not 15ish).
    Last edited by Winter; 2012-05-02 at 09:42 AM.
    Ser Ilyn, Ser Meryn, Queen Cersei, King Joffrey, The Tickler, The Hound, Ser Amory, Polliver, Raff the Sweetling, Weese, Dunsen, Nale, Ser Gregor Clegane and Chiswyck: Winter is coming!