Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
You are correct.

Specifically, IIRC it is near the end of Part 5 of War Games, the final part of which recently pissed me the hell off for reasons that I will place in spoiler tags for people who haven't seen War Games, which was the last serial of the Second Doctor.

Spoiler
Show

ARGH REMOVING PEOPLES MEMORIES OF ALL OF THEIR TRAVELS AND BECOMING BETTER PEOPLE AND DOING IT WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT AND THEN TREATING IT LIKE IT'S NOT A VERY BIG DEAL ESPECIALLY FOR JAMIE AND TO A LESSER EXTENT ZOE WHO HAD REAL REASONS FOR TRAVELLING WITH THE DOCTOR WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WHY ARE THE TIME LORDS SO EVIL SO INCREDIBLY EVIL I HATE THEM I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE DOCTOR WASN'T MORE APPALLED GOD DAMN IT WHY.

*cough* Ahem.

Okay, I think I'm good. I think I am okay...

No, still angry. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TIMELORDS WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT WRITERS YOU WERE ALREADY SENDING JAMIE AND ZOE HOME IT WAS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY AND CRUEL AND WAS NEVER REFERENCED AGAIN TO MY KNOWLEDGE GODDAMN IT GODDAMN.

Also, you seem to have forgotten that Time Lords regenerate immediately before having a Time Lord regenerate. The War Lord was just shot to death and that was that for him. What was up with that?

Okay, now I am calm again.

Grr.
Two different one for different things, first about the Doctor's companion's there,
Spoiler
Show

I think the Doctor was just glad the Time Lords didn't kill them or abandon them somewhere. I felt he was sorta relived to see them okay after the Time Lords came in. He might have seen it as the best case scenario at the time. Also there is some other media involving an older Jamie where he claims the Doctor taught him some defensive mind tricks and he was able to retain the knowledge without the Time Lords knowing. This last part may be slightly off, it has been a while since I saw it.

And about the Villain of that story and his end,
Spoiler
Show
The War Chief does infact regenerate, and is the bad guy in later bits. The uh... Sixth or Seventh Doctor fights him again, iirc.